This page describes the telescopes I’m working on or planning – click on the following for details (if there’s no link then I’m still working on the pages)
- 8″ F/9 Planetscope (included grinding the mirror – On Hold)
- 8″ F/10 Celestron SCT Mount Revamp (Complete)
- 16″ F/4.5 New Technology Telescope (NTT) (Complete)
- 16″ F/4.5 Ultralight NTT (in design)
- 6″ F/3.3 Extra Wide Field Telescope (Grinding the mirror)
- 12.5″ F4 Ultralight NTT (in design) that’s carry on baggage
- 1m (40″) Split Ring Trailer Mounted EAA platform
One of the things I would like to be able to do is cast, slump and anneal my own mirrors. In particular, I would like to recast some existing 10″ 12.5″ and 24″ pieces of glass into 16″ 20″ and 1m lightweight mirrors like below. A project page for this kiln project is coming soon!
I’ve also written a series of articles on mirror grinding that were published in Winnicentrics, the journal of the Winnipeg Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada. Check them out here.